Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stuck in my patterns.

I've been stuck in my patterns. My brain doesn't work so I keep screwing up easy things like counting and ribbing. I have frogged the ribbing on the two tone shrug so many times I have lost count. I frogged the Montego Bay scarf, tried a drop stitch pattern and frogged that, and resorted to crochet. Now that too has been abandoned. (I really hate to purl so I am going to try the pattern with knitting the wrong side rows.) I would have to mail the dang thing on Friday if it is to get there by Susan's birthday. But I think I have been barking up the wrong tree anyways. Susan is a brand new crocheter. I will buy her some cool yarn and maybe a book instead. Why deny her the pleasure of actually making something herself?

I'm determined to finish the shrug this week too, since I have the "cast on" itch again. Thanks to birthday money and gift certificates there are 11 skeins of Berroco Bonsai on the way for a Bonsai tunic, and a ball winder too! (Yay for Jen going in with me on that.) I can't even tell you how much yarn made it into my virtual shopping carts that I had to talk myself out of. I would fill the cart, go do something else to take the edge off, then come back and delete it once I had become sane. Otherwise I might be in the poorhouse right now.

1 comment:

jen barnes said...

Amy, we need a knit-along. Wanna? I totally need a pattern and you sound like you need a knitting-accountability buddy. :-)