Thursday, June 7, 2007

Montego Bay Scarf...maybe

Ok, I just don't know if I am going to get going on this scarf or not. Everyone online swears it is easy. But it isn't to me. I frogged 4 times trying to get the thing started properly and just gave up and fudged the beginning. Maybe I can't count. Maybe I am not that good with laceweight. Still, I only have two weeks to finish it in time to be mailed for Susan's birthday. I can't not do it, the yarn cost too dang much. I am considering ripping the whole thing out and starting over in a very simple drop stitch pattern that would look pretty and be enjoyable to make. I even started the two tone shrug out of avoidance, and every time I pick it up I feel guilty because I know what I should be working on. But if knitting isn't fun, I don't want to do it...especially right now when I am so sleep deprived from dealing with a refluxy 6 week old...

No matter what it becomes, it will be beautiful...this is an ethereal and lovely yarn. And for the record I wound all 660 yards into a ball without a winder. I used the baby swing as a swift. So it darn well better become something special!

No comments: