Thursday, June 21, 2007

Eureka!

I figured it out! WHY the scarf pattern was not working. I have been wrapping my yarn overs on knit stitches in the wrong direction. I'm self-taught. I learned to knit from a book and knittinghelp.com. I didn't really pay attention to the direction of my yarn overs when learning because I was just trying not to drop the needles.

Now that I figured this out, I tried again, and this is what I am getting:
IMG_4972

It actually looks like it should. Also, because I am wrapping the yarn the wrong way on knit stitches only, this explains why my stockinette has always looked a little funny (except in the round). Not that there is a stripe, but it looked like the knit stitches were twisted only they weren't really. I am almost done with the shrug, so I am going to keep at it with my old style of yarn overs, since I don't want to frog the whole thing. It doesn't look bad, I'm just being picky. But I am motivated to work on the scarf again!

I ended up ordering something for Susan from www.kpixie.com. I just love browsing that site and maybe someday I will get something for me from there. I'll wait until after her birthday to tell what I got for her, just in case she is reading. :)

Here's the shrug progress - I'm on the ribbing now:
IMG_4976

2 comments:

HoopDeeDoo said...

I just want to point out the giant doghair in the photo. Wonder how much of that is actually getting knitted?

jen barnes said...

dude. i totally did not see it until you pointed that out. I know quite a bit of my hair that's falling out from being postpartum is being accidentally added to my acrylic log cabin project right now.