Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Knitting for the ungrateful child...

I am not motivated to work on the top for Kate because:

-She wiggled so much I got incorrect measurements and therefore cast on too many stitches.
-After figuring out I cast on too many stitches (several inches later) I was too lazy to frog and restart so I just decreased like heck and made a rufffle.
-After it became a pretty big ruffle I modified my mental design to become a halter top, apron style with ribbing at the top and a ruffle. I kind of thought this would look silly but it meant I wouldn't have to start over.
-She then totally refused to try it on so I have once again no idea if it will fit.
-After binding off the back and working a few rows in the front I discovered that I lapsed back into my old twisted stitch yarnovers so the ribbing looks weird.

Maybe this whole thing should be frogged and I will make her a hat. Knitting is supposed to be relaxing and fun. This project has suddenly become neither.

The downside to this is that I really liked how the colors were pooling at the hem. If I can find my camera I will take a picture of it.

1 comment:

jen barnes said...

could you take a shirt of hers that fits like you want the top to fit and measure that?

measuring kate sounds like it's just as easy as giving james a haircut!