Sunday, May 4, 2008

Shocking! A post!

I haven't posted on this thing in 8 months! Yeesh! Ravelry is better. But I need to make some notes for my own benefit. This was a YARN-TASTIC week!

Purchased from Webs:
8 sk Berroco Peruvia in granada, $7.50/ea (for Mom's tilted duster, she's paying me back)
8 sk Berroco Seduce in gris-bleu $8/ea (oh wow hope it is as pretty in real life!)
10 sk Lily Chin Park Avenue in olive $3.79/ea (for Minimalist Cardi)

total, with shipping and discount: $138.70 (quite a deal, my friends)

Going to buy from Ana in her destash:
4 and some extra Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, blue or purple, can't tell (probably purple knowing Ana) - $25
Some Zephyr Jaggerspun wool/silk, mushroomy brown, about 1800 yards, I think, $10ish?

And from knittinmama on Rav:
2 balls RY Classic Cashsoft 4ply in the exact dyelot orange I needed, $15
(so that my 6 balls in stash can become enough to make the Apres-surf hoodie in the Summer IK. Can't believe my luck on this one!)

So if you leave out the yarn for Mom and its $60 price tag, that's $130ish for yarn this week. 25+ skeins of varying yardage (average price $5.20/skein), about 5 projects, magic dyelot matching, helping a friend, and oodles of knitting! Not bad.

So I guess I have pre-spent all of my birthday money, and I still have 26 days to go before it is even here. I'm always in a hurry.

No comments: