Friday, August 3, 2007

(guilty grin)

Couldn't resist...Knit Picks having a big sale on books, so I ordered Mason Dixon Knitting and a bunch of various yarns. Here's how I have rationalized this purchase:

1. I need to make an afghan for Kari as a housewarming present, and I want to make the Log Cabin blanket from this book. (see, Jen, I'm a copycat too)
2. I would like to try out some of their yarns for future projects.
3. I need some more inexpensive yarns for the baby hat-stravaganza planned for Christmas gifts.
4. And why not, since buying MDK, make some of those nifty dishcloths I keep seeing on blogs, as more Christmas gifts?
5. And if I am going to make washcloths, of course I will need yarn for that.
6. Seriously, do I need to rationalize 13 skeins of yarn plus a book for only $50? That's a lot of bang for my Christmas gift budget buck. And doubles as entertainment budget too.

Rationalizing: That's how it is done, folks.

In other joy-worthy yarny news, this morning Ravelry told me there were 72 people in front of me! I'm poised and ready...

No comments: